Obtain a Dubai resident visa in the United Arab Emirates

Obtain a Dubai resident visa in the United Arab Emirates
To obtain a visa residing in Dubai or the United Arab Emirates, one is required to have a "sponsor", that is, a person who acts as a guarantor during the application phase. The sponsor can be:

the company that hires us or that - as entrepreneurs - we are going to set up (in this case the entrepreneur needing a visa is required to be appointed Managing Director - MD - of the same and at that point can apply for a visa for himself)
a direct family member (wife, husband, father, mother) with economic capacity (the salary certificate is proof) to support the people for whom he is applying for a visa
Depending on whether the reference company is in mainland or in the Free Zone, the procedures may be different; and also depending on the Free Zones the procedures are different. While an offshore company does not allow the issuance of resident visas even for the entrepreneur.


Here is an example of the procedure for obtaining a visa in one of Fujairah's Free Zones (the Creative Zone), an optimal solution in terms of simplicity and time.

Once the license has been issued, it is necessary to apply for the Immigration Card (IC), it is a document in the name of the company that allows it to issue resident visas for its employees (including the owner - executive director). This card can be issued at the same time as issuing a commercial license (if you activate a license that already has the possibility of issuing resident visas) or it can be activated at a later time (if you have chosen a "no visa package").

If you have a "no visa company" to get the Immigration Card, you must first upgrade the license (it takes about 10 working days) and then request the IC itself. For Visa Consultation Click here

Once the Immigration Card has been obtained, the Entry Permit EP is requested, a sort of temporary nominal visa for the person whose procedure is being carried out. Here too 2-3 weeks pass to get it, but there is an urgent procedure that allows you to have it in about 1 week. Once the Entry Permit has been issued, you have 60 days to enter the country (if the person is out) or to carry out a "in country status adjustment"; once the deadline has passed, the request procedure must be repeated.

Once the Entry Permit has been authenticated, the applicant must carry out medical examinations at one of the authorized hospitals (at the same time, the national identity card is also required). The results of the medical examinations, the original passport and the endorsed Entry Permit, must then be delivered to collect - after about 2 weeks, but here too there is an urgent procedure - the passport with the UAE resident visa.

Once you have a resident visa, it is necessary to convert the driving license with the Emirate one in order to drive.

Having obtained a resident visa, the passage of residence in the United Arab Emirates is not automatic for the State. To do this, a specific application must be made at the Embassy in Abu Dhabi or at the Consulate in Dubai.

It should be noted that natural persons are considered resident in Home Country who for most of the tax period (183 days):

- they are registered in the registers of the resident population;
- have in the territory of the State: their domicile, or residence pursuant to the civil code

The occurrence of only one of them is sufficient to consider a person resident.

The Registry Office is responsible for the Registry of Citizens Residing Abroad (AIRE). Registration with AIRE is required to obtain all documents and certificates that are issued by the consular office. Also in order to request the issuance or renewal of the passport it is necessary to have fulfilled the aforementioned obligation.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post